In Season 2 Episode 14 I discuss why we should “Never Stop Growing”. Listen below:
In episode 13 I discuss Michael Hyatt’s new paper Full Focus Planner and why you most likely need one. It’s available for pre-order here: FullFocusPlanner.com
Listen to the podcast below:
In season 2 episode 8 of the Life Organized Podcast I discuss “Become the leader others want to follow”.
It’s not about being someone you’re not, it knowing who you are as a person and embracing thirteen characteristics of great leaders.
Change is inedible; growth is optional – John C Maxwell
1. Embrace Change
2. Be Teachable
3. Set your life on a growth track
1. Read two books and one audiobook at the same time
2. *Side Note* Try Success Magazine
5. Servant Leadership
6. Character and Integrity
1. The Book: “Who You Are When No one is looking”
7. Be a good listener
8. Admit your mistakes
9. Be Vulnerable and transparent
10. Delegate Authority
11. Don’t be the smartest person in the room
12. Engage in Collaboration
13. Trust People
Question: What would you add to the list?
Rhythm: “an interval during which a recurring sequence of events occurs.”
Having a RHYTHM to our life is a wonderful to way to maintain practical, simple, living and keep our life organized. Our RHYTHM is the reoccurring appointments on our calendar and the regular routines we follow every day.
Yet, there are times when our RHYTHM is interrupted by life.
Life is not static. It’s always moving, changing and shifting interrupting our scheduled RHYTHM.
It’s in these moments we learn to pivot from the structure RHYTHM to the pliable state of FLOW.
FLOW: “being abundantly present.”
FLOW is our ability to bend, move and maintain focus and clarity on what’s most important when our life rhythm is disrupted.
It’s ok to let things go and take a break from our RHYTHM when life piles on the unexpected.
The reason our stress level goes up is that we still feel we need to cram in our RHYTHM on top of the unexpected interruptions which instantly kills our ability to enter into a FLOW.
Most days our lives clip along to the RYTHM we have scheduled with little or no interruptions.
This past week I was unable to write or record new podcasts due to life interruptions even though I had scheduled appointments for writing and recording on my calendar. I needed to FLOW with what life had for me instead of trying to make my planned RHYTHM fit.
I could have become stressed out and tried to get everything done. I know If I had attempted to get it all done it would have been because of the false expectations placed on myself not because I had to.
I desire to be consistent for my tribe of listeners, but I also understand that all of you are very understanding when I let all of you know that I am going to miss a week (which rarely happens).
Like the stream of a river, I maintained a relaxed state of FLOW and made the most of my experience looking for ways to be abundantly present focusing my attention on who was in front of me rather than having my thoughts somewhere else trying to figure out how to ensure my RHYTHM schedule was maintained.
- RHYTHM helps us maintain structure in our lives.
- FLOW helps us focus on the important things regardless of our structure.
- RYTHM helps us stay on top of everyday tasks/chores.
- FLOW reminds us to let go of RHYTHM when the unexpected shows up.
- RHYTHM sets the pace of our day like the rising and setting of the sun.
- FLOW gives us permission to ignore our daily pace to focus on the present moment.
- RHYTHM are the daily steps we take towards our goals.
- FLOW reminds us that our goals will be there tomorrow.
Podcast Show Notes
No notes this week!
- Keep them few in number
- Make the S.M.A.R.T
- Write them down
- Review them frequently
- Share them selectively
- How to set S.M.A.R.T goals
- Are your goals S.M.A.R.T. = Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time Bound?
f you were stranded on a deserted island what three things would you bring?
- Fujitsu Snap Scanner IX500
- This is a total time saver for me and well worth the money.
- iPad Pro with Logitech Keyboard
- I thinks it’s so much better than the one Apple made for the IPad Pro.
- GTD ( Getting Things Done ) System Folders – Letter Size
- I carry these with me in my messenger bag at all times. If you are unfamiliar with the book Getting Things Done by David Allen, I encourage you to read it as soon as possible.
- Version Data Settings
- Shut the darn thing off
- The iPhone Eater ( Just a box with a hole in it )
- Create a down time schedule
Questions: What do you do to “Find Freedom From Your Phone?” Leave me a comment below!